Get Compact and Clever with Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 Mini & Xperia™ X10 Mini Pro
14 February 2010
* Sony Ericsson grows its family of Communication Entertainment phones with compact versions of Xperia™ X10 for the first half of 2010
* Xperia™ X10 mini and X10 mini pro define a new user experience - ultra-compact - whilst still offering best-in-class communication entertainment performance
* Smaller than a credit card, smart and unique with Sony Ericsson Timescape™ application and an intuitive 4 corner touch screen user interface
February 14, 2010 - Barcelona – Today sees the announcement of Xperia™ X10 mini and X10 mini pro, compact versions of Xperia™ X10, which will deliver powerful and application packed mobile phones into the industry. By introducing mobile phones that are both compact and clever, Sony Ericsson is challenging the norm and defining a brand new offering that combines high specification features with a version of Sony Ericsson’s powerful UX platform specifically designed for smaller devices.
Xperia™ X10 mini and X10 mini pro with slide out QWERTY keyboard offer an open and intuitive communication entertainment experience and build on the human curvature design philosophy debuted by the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10. Combining the Android platform with signature applications and a customisable UX platform, communication truly becomes entertainment with these new mobile phones. To enhance the experience, pick and choose from a multitude of applications at Android Market™ and co-create a mobile phone experience that is entirely unique. Users can go one step further and customise the home screen’s four corners and widgets to access the most needed applications for limitless possibilities.
The two sister mobile phones incorporate the signature application Sony Ericsson Timescape™ which brings all communication together in one place so users can see at a glance text messages, missed calls, and Facebook™ and Twitter updates, without having to open lots of different applications. The interactive music player also uses the “infinite button” to pull together all music content from the music store and YouTube™ – a smart way to search for new tracks from a favourite artist.
“There has been an enormous buzz around Xperia™ X10 so it is really exciting to be already unveiling compact versions of this powerful proposition.” Said Rikko Sakaguchi, EVP and Chief Creation Officer, Sony Ericsson. “With the X10 mini and X10 mini pro we have pushed the boundaries of what is possible with smaller devices and are giving consumers exactly what they want; two high performance mobile phones with a fully customisable user experience platform and a stunning ultra-compact design.”
Xperia™ X10 mini and X10 mini pro
* Sony Ericsson Timescape™ - brings together all communication in one place
* Four corner control – applications, calls, web, the consumer decides. Four customisable icons for ultimate control
* 5 megapixel camera and video - share creations via the web
* Music player links to music stores and YouTube™ - access the world of music
* Android platform - with Google™ services and Android Market™
* QWERTY keyboard - slide and text for quick and easy messaging (Xperia™ X10 mini pro only)
Xperia™ X10 mini and X10 mini pro supports HSPA 900/2100 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, HSPA 850/1900/2100 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
The X10 mini will be available in selected markets from Q2 in the colours Pearl White, Black, Pink, Lime, Red and Silver
The X10 mini pro will be available in selected markets from Q2 in the colours Black and Red.
Sony Ericsson is also introducing the Portable Stereo Speakers MS450, to deliver rich on-the-go sound and the Hi-Fi Headset MH810 with remote with superior audio and remote media and call handling.
Log on to The Sony Ericsson Product Blog for more information: [link URL]